Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Polymer Plate Printmaking

I have a new project on the press bed.

With a proposed computer generated image of 18 repetitive, rotating motifs, I have begun to investigate of how best to print this 9x21 inch image. As a linoleum block printmaker, this project posed a real challenge in the craft of precision for image transfering and block cutting.

When I began to ponder the linocut project, immediately a murder of nay sayer demons were flying around in my head, saying 'You got to be joking'! 'No way'! And I kinda agreed with them.

Enter the idea of using polymer plates. Surfing the web, I found Boxcar Press in Syracuse, New York. http://www.boxcarpress.com/ I am a complete ignoramous regarding how this comtemporary letterpress method is produced but... the printing of these plates is similiar to the printing my linocut blocks.



In the following weeks, I will be blogging about this investigation.


Susan Jaworski-Stranc

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to learning more about this poylmer process

    ReplyDelete